FEELING CREATIVE? SHOW US YOUR TALENT!
SUBMIT PHOTOS OF YOUR OWN LEGO® MASTERPIECES TO
THE OMAHA BRICK BUILD!
Winners will have their artwork featured at The Art of the Brick exhibition and receive a special Capitol District prize pack worth $400!
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- There will be 3 age categories: 6-9; 10-13 and 14-17.
- There will be one winner selected in each category. Artwork will be judged by Nathan Sawaya in conjunction with the exhibit designers and producers.
- Submissions can be no larger than 2’ x 2’ x 2’.
- Submissions must be original pieces of art and fully created by the entrant.
- Submissions must be created from LEGO® brand bricks or products. No DUPLO, Technic or motorized elements please.
- All submissions must include the name, age and location of the entrant and contact information for parent or guardian. It should also include a title for the artwork.
- Photos of submissions must be received on or before Friday, March 2 either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via Facebook or Instagram using #OmahaBrickBuild. Entries via social media must use the hashtag.
- All submissions must include at least one, clear photo of the artwork for judging purposes.
- Winners will be notified by email and/or phone by March 6.
- It is the winner’s responsibility to deliver the winning artwork to The Art of the Brick exhibit prior to March 9.
- The winning artwork will be displayed at the exhibit from March 10 through April 22, 2018.
- After the exhibit closes on April 22, the winners will be notified when the artwork is ready to be picked up. It is the contestant’s responsibility to pick up their pieces from the venue.
- The Art of the Brick accepts no responsibility for breakage during transport, preparation for display, during the display period or for unclaimed pieces.
- Winners who wish to participate will be expected to sign a release form for photography and/or media productions, release of liability, and statement of eligibility.
IN ADDITION, ALL WINNING ENTRANTS WILL RECEIVE:
- A Capitol District Prize Pack consisting of 6 tickets to The Art of the Brick, a one-night weekend stay at the Omaha Marriott Downtown and a $25 giftcard to Nosh Restaurant & Wine Lounge.
- Credit for their work as part of the display (only first names and first letter of last name, age of artist, and title of piece will be included in the credit).
- An AOTB merchandise pack.
Important Dates to Remember:
March 2: Submissions deadline.
March 6: Winners notified by phone or mail.
March 9: Winners responsible for delivery of winning artwork to venue.
March 10: Winning pieces on display at The Art of the Brick.